Opera singer, composer, musician and author
Born in Sanremo, Roberto Lovèra graduated in singing from the "Antonio Vivaldi" Conservatory, Novara in 1991 with further studies improving his technique with specialist training from Gino Bechi, Leo Nucci, Enzo Dara and Elio Battaglia.
He was awarded first prize in International Lyric Competitions including the "Premio Mattia Battistini" of Rieti. He performed leading baritone roles in the operas "The Barber of Seville" by Rossini, "Pagliacci" by Leoncavallo, "Gianni Schicchi" and "Tosca" by Puccini, and "Un giorno di regno" by Verdi, all of which were performed by the artist in Italy, France, Holland, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Tunisia and the UAE.
Lovèra was the solo lyrical voice of five editions of the traditional “Symphonic Concert of August” performing with the Bartolomeo Bruni Orchestra of the City of Cuneo, broadcasted live on Italian national television.
He sang at the Paul VI Hall at the Vatican in front of a special audience which included Pope Benedict XVI .
He has performed with the Carabinieri Armed Forces Band at the IX Christmas Concert in the Auditorium Conciliazione and at the XII Christmas Concert at the Auditorium Parco della Musica in Rome.
He performs his artistic interpretation of operas, concerts and recitals in Italy and abroad with a vast repertoire including opera, lieder and chamber music, sacred music, contemporary music and his own compositions.
He has also recorded operatic arias, ballads and songs that he has composed, the latest published albums are “Roma’s Classic Songs”, "Lyrical Passion", "Religious Arias" and "Christmas Concert".
- Finalist and silver medal award of the “International Competition of Chamber Music Palma d’Oro” Section German lieder, Finale Ligure
- Winner of the “Mattia Battistini International Competition for Opera Singers”, Rieti
- Winner of the Voice Academy of Turin scholarship
- Winner of the “International Competition Lyric Roles", Rome
- Finalist of the “Rolando Nicolosi International Competition for Opera Singer”, Taranto
- "National Prize Labor", as the Italian protagonists of the third millennium, with a mention of merit: "The Protagonist of Belcanto: a great voice, stage presence, and talent"
- Received the "Paul Harris Fellow" award given by the Rotary Foundation of Rotary International
Post graduate specialist training
- Sipario Castiglionese Academy with the baritone Leo Nucci
- Voice Academy of Turin, “Art On the Stage” course held by bass Enzo Dara
- Interpretation and vocal technique course with Wally Salio, scenic art course with Franco Vacchi
- Chamber singing course "The German Lieder" held by Maestro Elio Battaglia
- Masterclass in character interpretation and vocal technique specialization held by bass Paolo Montarsolo
- International singing masterclass held by soprano Daniela Dessì